Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Super woman...

Last Friday I receieved an e-mail from my school that said they had dropped me from the courses I had previously registered for. Apparantly my account stated I still owed money from last semester, a couple of hundreds to be exact, and being the calm and collected individual I have always been I simply took a deep breath and smiled. LIES internet!! I freaked out like no other and with the semester starting on Tuesday I wasn't sure if the issue would get resolved on time for me register again and start school. I called student accounts in frantic mode and banged my head on the desk a few times when I had to wait to be the next caller in line. So I waited patiently. LIES again!! I hung up and called again like ten more times until someone answered. And when someone did answer my instant reaction was to morph into Bonquisha and hope the person on the other line could somehow see my index finger moving in the air through the phone. But after a few seconds I calmed down as the very sweet lady on the other line promised she would get to the bottom of the issue. After about thirty minutes on the phone she apologized for the confusion and said their system had made a mistake. I could register for my courses, however, due to their honest mistake I had to fill out, again, a form that indicated I was a grad student instead of an undergrad. I could either fax it to them or bring it in person. I don't have a fax machine so I had to print it out, but it turns out the printer had ran out of ink. So I sat down, took a deep breath and kept my cool. Umm, yeah, LIES!!!!! I ran out the door with twenty dollars in my hand, hair looking like it was desperate for a comb, black nike work out shorts, flip flops and a torn up t-shirt and drove to Staples with my gas light on. I bought the ink in my ghetto attire, went back home and printed out the darn thing and drove to CBU. With my gas light on. I waited an hour at the financial aid office before I handed in my paper work and drove back home with just enough time to get ready for work. With my gas light on. Oh yeah, my little green honda hates me.

Yeah, I know what your thinking. I'm super woman, or I'm just crazy. Thinking back, I could have just called someone to print  out the form for me but remember, I'm not calm and collected. Anyways, I started school today so that means goodbye social life. Between work and school I'll be really busy this semester so pray I can keep my cool and to remember to comb my hair. And put gas in my car.  Labor day was great but now it's back to the real world. Hooray!....LIES!!!!

Happy Tuesday! :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Fernanda!
    Yeah! next time make sure you ask for help! that is why there is people called friends ;)
    Anyways.. I can picture you running with your hair looking desperate for a comb (lol) Don't forget to throw your internet fans a line once on a while :). Take care and make it fun to be back to school!
    Lilia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lilia, you're right. I need to ask for help next time, but I don't think sometimes! hahaha Thanks for the encouragement girl!

    ReplyDelete