Friday, August 24, 2012

Little pink piggy banks

We spent ou morning eating blueberry and chocolate chip pancakes at a local Denny's, and browsing through racks of used clothes. One of my best friends was visiting from Texas and yesterday we spent the entire morning and afternoon talking smack, dancing in my car, trying on used up jeans and spending four dollars all together watching Katy Perry's: Part of Me movie at the two dollar movie theatre. My friend, Mariel, she's a budget diva. This girl can have a great time under $20.00 so when she told me she was coming to California  I told her one of the things we needed to do together was visit Goodwill.  She almost died when I told her I had never been there. You see, she doesn't believe in spending more than ten dollars on a shirt and this girl always looks cute. I told her she needed to teach me her bargain shopping ways and when we visited the shoe section I asked her "What if I get fungus!!??" out loud. I was being serious. She just thought I was exagerating. Whatever. I only get to see her about once a year when she comes and visits so the time we get to spend time together is great.

The other day she gave me a little piggy bank she bought back in Tay-xus (you like my southern accent huh?) so I could save up some money to go visit  her. So far there's ten dollars in it because Mariel put them in there to give me a head start. That can get me a pack of gum, a magazine for the flight and like twenty shirts from Goodwill. Just sayin'.


Happy Friday! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment