Friday, August 17, 2012

80's styled shoot: Shiany

Last Monday I attended a job orientation for my new job and what was suppose to be only three hours quickly turned into four. After biting my lip a few times and looking at the clock every five minutes I rushed out the door once it was over and probably broke the speed limit coming to my house. (I promise this story has a point, just wait) For months I had in mind showcasing a styled shoot and when I asked Ally, with glitz and glam if she wanted to partner up with hair and makeup she was all for it. And needless to say, looking at the pictures, she completely brought to life what I had in mind. A hundred times better! And the model? Well, we couldn't have been more lucky and spoiled than to have Shiany on board with us. We met a few years ago at a church youth group we both attended and we've kept in touch ever since. If any photographer out there wants to use her as a model, sorry, I already made her sign a contract saying that she belongs to Pose Photography. I'm kidding internet. But we already agreed she's my go to girl when it comes to future styled shoots. haha Oh, and the theme? tun tun tun.... modern 80's! I wanted something edgy, funky and different for this shoot and needless to say, I think all those three components were present in this shoot.

So, back to my breaking the speed limit story. I had told Shiany and Ally to meet at my house for hair and makeup at 4pm but because of my extra hour at orientation I didn't end up getting to the house till' about 5pm. Shiany was stuck in rush hour traffic and Ally's phone wasn't working so there in my car I died. Figuratively of course.  What if we don't have enough time for hair and makeup? What if we don't have enough sunlight!!?? Luckily, all three of us ended up meeting up at the same time and Ally stuck it out like a pro with hair and makeup. We ended up leaving the house when we were suppose to and the sunlight? Perfect. Ally and Shiany, thank you thank you thank you. I had a blast with you two!

Pose Photography is all about being fierce so I asked Shiany to define "fierce" in her own words. This is what she said: 
"Being fierce is not being afraid of feeling empowered and fabulous." -Shiany.
Well said girl. Go on with yo fierce self! 























   

                                                                                                                                                                                         
                                                                                                                                                                      Happy Monday! :)

2 comments:

  1. Hello Fernanda!
    You did a great job as well as Ally. Welcome back! Funny as always! look forward to the updates on your blog. Take care. Lilia :)

    ReplyDelete