Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Frida Kahlo styled shoot

This past Saturday I woke up extra early. That never happens internet. Ever. If you know me, you know that sleeping is my middle name. However, this past Saturday was different. I got out of bed doing the Harlem shake. I was that excited guys. The only other time I do happy dances is when I taste a new dessert but this was the day of the Frida Kahlo inspired shoot Ally from glitz and glam and I had been putting our crazy heads together for. After last year's styled photo shoot, she recommended that we do a styled shoot inspired by none other than Frida Kahlo herself. And me? Yeah, I died. The idea was brilliant, and after messaging each other back and forth pictures of girls with lace dresses, bright flowers in their hair and braids, we were both inspired to the tenth power square. Do the math. That's like a lot. We set out for hair and makeup early on Saturday and we even bumped some salsa music to get us even more inspired. We went back to our Latin roots ya'll! And our model? We couldn't have been more lucky to have the fabulous Shiany again on board with us to rock this look like nobody's business. She is awesome to work with and I am so proud of the look we managed to pull off for this shoot. It was really hard choosing what pictures to put on this post. I loved them all! Awesome work ladies! :)

For this particular shoot I really wanted to really push and challenge myself to get the types of shots I envisioned in my head. I wanted this shoot to truly highlight the traditional Mexican colors and fashion Frida was so famous for. For weeks I studied different poses that would go with this type of shoot and thought of various locations that would fit as the backgrounds. I decided to go with various old looking backdrops that highlighted Shiany's wardrobe and ones that gave the shoot an old Mexican flare. To Ally, THANK YOU for your amazing hair and makeup skills. You truly brought to life the vision I had in mind for this shoot. Thank you for coming up with awesome ideas and giving me the chance to photograph them. I can't picture myself collaborating with anyone else. You truly get me. And to Shiany, THANK YOU for being such an awesome sport, and thank you for not hating me after making you do some crazy poses that left your arms sore the next day. lol You rock girl! :)

      So pretty. :)

      Love this part of the shoot!
    One of my favorites.

    And I'll end with my favorite. So Frida. :)
 
 


2 comments:

  1. Good job! You all did good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Lilia. These girls are awesome. So privileged to work with them! :)

    ReplyDelete