Thursday, February 7, 2013

Thoughts on becoming an unti...

It's crazy how life can bring you the most unexpected surprises. It's those amazing, life changing surprises that make life that much sweeter. Last year in October we celebrated my older sister's birthday. We grubbed, laughed, and as the day wined down, my brother in law and my sister gathered the family around the living room and gave us the greatest surprise ever. They were expecting their first baby. As we congratulated them with lots of warm hugs, tears of joy ran down our faces and we looked forward to meeting the new addition to the family, a beautiful baby boy. The first grandchild and my very first nephew. It's moments like these I'm thankful for and seven months later we can't wait to finally see his little face! This Saturday is my sister's baby shower. A day she's been busting her creative butt off to show a room full of ladies that Pinterest is a gift from God to baby momma's. I've never seen so many coffee filters used for something other than to make coffee in my life. All I have to say is if this is how my little nephew's baby shower is going to look like, and he's not even born yet, I can't imagine what his birthdays will look like. I foresee a photo booth and sitting in the kitchen making cake toppers out of wire and tissue paper in the future. Lord help us all. And of course I'll be that aunt that always takes him out to get ice cream and buys him really unnecessary toys because that's what every cool aunt does. And I'll be the aunt drinking coffee from a mug that says "world's best aunt." I went a little online crazy and found some really cool aunt gear. Yeah, I went there!

I WILL be a wicked cool aunt.

Watch out Tyra Banks.

And then, I saw THIS! I died.

1 comment:

  1. The last one was my favorite. Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete