Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Tip Tuesday: How to capture movement shots

It's time to get back to Tip Tuesday! Yayyyyy!!!! Today's tip is how to capture a movement shot. Believe me, there is a trick to it. In the picture below, I wanted to get a jumping shot of Alex, however, I was shooting at an ISO of 400 with an aperture of f/3.2. One thing to remember is that the lower your ISO is the slower your shutter speed is and the higher your aperture is the smaller your lens becomes which allows less light to come into your camera. If your shutter speed is slow you will get a very blurry and out of focus shot. The trick is to raise your ISO and lessen your aperture. That's exactly what I did in the image below, and doing so allowed me to get a clear and focused shot of Alex and it's one of my favorite shots of the day. Here, I bumped up my ISO to 1300 and lowered my aperture to f/2.5. Voila!!!


Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment