Friday, May 18, 2012

Some Friday inspiration...

Every now and then I like to get inspired. A couple of days ago I found a stash of fashion magazines at the house and I did a little happy dance. Browsing through them gave me a dosage of inspiration for different poses I could use in my next shoots. And then I had a piece of chocolate during my browsing and my inspiraition levels went through the roof, I'm telling you. It was awesome. But putting my chocolate love affair aside, fashion magazines are perfect for finding new and modern poses that are great for shoots. If there's one thing I've learned, it's that everyday people aren't professional models. When shooting someone it's not always okay to assume that he or she will automatically know what to do or what poses to use. Chances are they will be nerveous, and sometimes a little awkward at first. I say it's because, umm, I dunno', they have a big camera all up their faces! So it's important to direct them and remind them that they look fabulous! And trust me after a couple of minutes they start warming up. Another thing I've found that helps is practicing different poses on yourself. Getting in front a mirror and trying out different poses works. Some call that wierd, I call it commitment baby!

Anyways, enough of the lecturing. Here are a couple of poses I found during my magazine browsing. These are super helpful to have in mind when going into a shoot. Memorizing them and picturing how a person would look doing them is helpful, instead of having to say "Stand in front of that brick wall and look cool."

No comments:

Post a Comment