Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Pasadena wedding: Lucy + Mike

I normally don't shoot weddings. My focus is primarily on portraits so when a friend asked if I could shoot her sister in law's wedding I was a little hesitant. What if I ruin her wedding with awful wedding pictures? I need to learn how to use a flash! I think I may need a second shooter! What am I gonna' wear!! I'm not a wedding photographer. I normally shoot for an hour with portrait shoots, but a wedding? It's a totally different ball game folks. But, despite my insecurities I decided to do it and I was going to do my best to make my couple happy with their pictures. And needless to say, I had a blast doing it. 

A few weeks ago I spent my Saturday with Lucy and Mike along with their closest friends and family during an intimate ceremony as they promised to love, cherish and protect one another until their last breath. As they walked out the church as husband and wife all Mike could say to Lucy was how he thought she was the most beautiful woman in the world. And he made sure to say it every time he looked at her. And me, well I shed a little tear behind the camera.

The day began at Calvary Chapel Pasadena with Lucy getting dolled up. Here are just a few shots of her big day. :) 

Mother of the bride. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment