Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Embracing change...

I hate change. A little more than I hate working out. I'm not good at dealing with it and I do my best to avoid it. Fact is, change scares me. I like my comfort bubble so whenever that bubble of mine pops I freak out like I do when I'm having a bad hair day. I mean, why can't I just order the same thing over and over from the Wendy's menu! If I order something else besides order number seven I might just hate it!! See, I told you I'm not good with change. Even when it comes to a burger. The decisions I make are ususally always based around the comfortable bubble I've managed to sustain. The college I chose to go to, the major I chose to study, the jobs I've applied for, the shampoo I've used for years. Which by the way I've recently switched but I confess I didn't want to because I thought my hair was gonna' fall out. But it turns out Garnier Fructis is the business so I won't be bald anytime soon. I'm exagerating internet!

My best friend Pam, she doesn't live in a bubble. She orders something different every time we go to Wendy's and I wouldn't be surprised if she used a different shampoo every week or lived in Africa helping people with their teeth in the next couple of years. She's spontanious and care free in ways I wish I was. Recently a little part of my bubble was bursted and I didn't know how to handle it. I've recently decided to move churches and after attending my old church literally my entire life it was a little hard for me to handle. To leave a whole group of people I've felt so attached to all these years and having to put my comfrot zone aside made me feel uneasy. But it was something I know I needed to do. And the way things are going I may just switch conditioners too! What!

No comments:

Post a Comment