Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Yuli is growing up...

She's graced the cover of this bloggity before. And I swear Yulissa becomes more beautiful every time. This time it was for her sweet 15. It's a big thing in the hispanic culture. A Latin girl takes her poofy dress and over sized hair bun seriously. Frr'rrels. Even though I don't shoot sweet 15's I totally tagged along with my camera because well, I've known Yuli since she was in her momma's womb so I totally had the right to be all up in her grill with my camera the day of her 15 even though she didn't ask me to. She used to be in my middle school Sunday school class but now her poofy dress and hair bun prove that she's no longer that little girl who used to play on the swings at the church playground. She's becoming a young lady and I totally get into this weird mom mode thing where I secretly cry while I think to myself THEY GROW UP SOO FAST! Okay, so I'm exaggerating a bit but Yuli is part of the youth from church and I totally have a soft spot for all of those kids, so when it comes to them I tend to get a little emotional. I'm a crier internet, beware!

Before the ceremony, Yulissa and her court took some pictures and of course I was all up in the mix capturing some images of her big day. Several of the guys and girls from my church's youth were part of the court and as I saw all the girls with their glittery dresses and makeup and the guys all suited up with their tuxes, the momma bear in me came out. They grow up sooo fast!! 

Yuli, happy birthday again girly! Love you. :) 

p.s.  Don't kiss any boys!! 

A few of the ladies looking Fab.
Swag! 
Work it boo, work it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment