Monday, January 21, 2013

Cheat day

So yesterday was cheat day and for those of you who don't know what I'm referring to it's the day when I can cheat on my healthy eating four month challenge. In other words carbs and sugar get-in- ma'-belly!!!!! My friends and I decided to have one cheat day out of the week for our sanity. Thank you sweet baby Jesus! All this lettuce almost had me rocking back and forth in a corner.

So yesterday after church my friends and I went out to eat (because it's not church until you grub right after) to an Italian restaurant and the smell of garlic and marinara sauce slapped me in the face when I walked in. It was beautiful.  Sunday was cheat day and my taste buds were doing a happy dance in my mouth. So was I. Pasta with shrimp, stuffed pepperoni pizza, garlic bread, oh the wonders that filled my heart internet. But, I did practice self control. ME??? Practice self control when it comes to food??? I know internet, this whole healthy eating thing is changing my soul or something. Luckily I didn't pig out the way I would normally do, BUT, one thing I forgot was how eating fatty foods makes you feel right afterwards. We hung out at a friend's house after lunch and instead of being a social butterfly I sunk into her couch and knocked out like a bear in hibernation. And, of course like any good friend does, my friend took a picture and posted it on the internet.



Happy Monday! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment