Friday, January 11, 2013

Chewbacca's wife...

I get super excited when I do one of these. The theme for this year's styled shoot (I know I've said this like a gazzilion times so stop rolling your eyes!!) is Frida Kahlo. But really, I loooove doing styled shoots. And I'm particularly very excited about this shoot because it's something completely different and original from anything I've ever done. When Ally from glitz and glam brought up the idea of doing a shoot inspired by the Mexican diva herself I just about got up on the table and shook what my momma' gave me. But instead, I just did a happy dance in my seat because I absolutely loved the idea. I rejected the dancing on the table idea because then everyone would have gotten jealous of my moves.

I am confident Ally will rock it out as usual with hair and makeup and will definitely leave her own touch of originality just like she always does. Working with her is awesome! (Check out her work here and here)  One of my favorite parts of a styled is incorporating various types of ideas and seeing them come to life in my images. These types of shoots give me the freedom of being creative in the ways that I shoot and they also give me the liberty in trying new poses I wouldn't normally use in a regular shoot. The camera, in a way, is sorta' like a paintbrush. It's basically the tool that creates a desired picture and there are no rules in how to use it. It's all up to the one in control of it. Oh yeah my friends, I just had to throw in a little metaphor to show you how cool I am. Just kidding. Really, I just thought since homegirl Frida was a painter it just fit. And since I just referred Frida as "homegirl," I just have to say sistah needed some eye brow threading or sumtin'! If I ever grew a unibrow people would confuse me for Chewbacca's wife. Not cute. Aaaaand now that I got that all that off my chest, stay updated for the shoot coming soon! :) Without the unibrow.

And congrats to Yanira Aguero who won a free Photo shoot for guessing the theme! Woop woop!

 
 
Happy Friday!

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to see your work. Lilia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lilia! Can't wait to shoot it and show all of you guys! :)

    ReplyDelete