Friday, December 9, 2011

A big sister thing...

If my older sister could be described in just one word, I really don't think I could come up with just one. You see, Arleth is well, special. When I was eleven and our family was forced to move out of our old house, she told me we were gonna be homeless and that we would have to live in a park under a tree. And like an eleven year old kid taken advantage of their innocence, I believed her. Oh, and I told my mom, duh! Maybe it's a big sister thing. You know, to do things or say things to the younger sibling that will in turn bring amusement. Like that time she had a photo shoot with me when I was like eight with a disposable camera. She painted a mole on me with eyeliner and made me model a cheap gold necklace. My mom still has those pictures, and the look on my face in them still makes my sister crack up every time. I told myself that when I have kids, I'll have proof to show them that their aunt was evil!  Ok-she wasn't evil. I confess that I totally played along to her torture, but STILL!! I THOUGHT WE WERE GONNA BE HOMELESS!! 


Anyways, besides her big sister syndrome, Arleth is an amazing wedding photographer. Like Uhh-mazing! And right about now I sound totally biased but whateva'. She's blood, so by the laws of sisterhood I have to say that or else she'll probably lock me inside the closet. And video tape it!! I'm joking, I'm joking.


A few weeks ago as we chatted about our fascination for all things weddings, photography and marketing strategies, she said, "Dude, you should totally start your own photography business. I think you'll be good at it!" Her confidence in my ability to do so and my love from afar for photography assured me I could do it. Watching her do her photog thang' for a while now and seeing the creative flexibility of being a photographer made my creative juices start flowin'. And you know what, I love it! Like a fat kid loves cake love it! I took her advice and created "Pose Photography" for senior pictures, portraits and style shoots. The other day I got the chance to have a photo shoot with her where I admit, I was a bit intimidated. I mean, she's super good and was afraid to oh, idk, SUCK! However, despite my fear of ultimate failure I am so excited to launch my new photog business and I couldn't have picked a better model for my first shoot. Here's to big sisters and new beginnings! :)











4 comments:

  1. These pictures are awesome! Good for you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the scarf one! hehe Great job on these pictures. I hope you go a long way with your photography.

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing!!! i love ur wwrk!!
    i can pose infront of the cam n b silly n fab,,,jus saying heheh
    p.s perla is dying for a shoot(;

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha girl, I would be delighted to have you model in front of my camera! haha

    ReplyDelete