Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas eve Mexican style!

It's Christmas eve tomorrow!!!!!!!! And by the number of exclamation points in that last sentence there's proof I'm pretty excited. Every year my family and I get together and we bake Christmas cookies with really colorful sprinkles on top and then we sit around the piano as we sing Christmas carols while we all wear our favorite Christmas sweaters.

Ok- I lied. That never happens. That's the type of Christmas I envisioned as a kid, but having a Mexican family where g-ma and g-pa decided to have 12 kids, my Christmas eves are way more interesting than that. Our Christmas eve gatherings as a family involve massive porportions of tamales that will last us till' next Christmas, making fun each other and complete craziness we can't wait to repeat every year. And I love it.



It's moments like these I'm excited to celebrate each year with family I am so blessed to have. So while I grub on illegal amounts of food I will count my blessings, which are many. And I will most likely have to unbutton my jeans and slouch on my aunt's couch as my dad plays his guitar to old Mexican songs. True bliss!

Happy Christmas y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment