Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Tip Tuesday: Intro and experimenting with different angles

So a few weeks ago, while eating a packaged cinnamon roll with salsa music playing on my Pandora I got an idea. That's why I eat sweets everyone. They just inspire me. Anyways, in between me shaking what my momma' gave me and munching on some cinnamon goodness I got to thinking it would be a good idea to dedicate a post one day a week on this blog where I share some practical photography tips  I've found useful and helpful. Nothing complicated, just some helpful advice from yours truly that may be helpful to photographers out there looking to enhance their images and improve their shooting. Disclaimer: I am in no ways a master in photography nor have I perfected the art of it, however, I have gathered some practical techniques along the way that I've found to be both helpful and beneficial when shooting the types of images I wish to achieve and if they happen to help someone out there in the photography metropolis then it's all good in the hood. If any of you guys out there are gurus in photography feel free to leave a comment and share your ideas! I would love to read them! :)

So without further adieu, introducing the first tip of Tip Tuesday!: Experiment with different angles.

It's a simple tip that can make a huge load of a difference in your images and one of the ways to achieve this is to practice practice practice. This tip challenges and enhances your creativity skills. Doing so will give your images creativity and personality. Personally, one of the things I've found works for me is practicing on a random object. Take the image below for example. In this case I chose a basketball court to be my subject. Pretty simple right? The trick is to think outside the box and finding ways to manipulate your camera to capture the image you want. Practicing different angles really helps me for when I have an actual shoot. You might have to kneel down, get on your tippy toes, get on top of a chair or table, climb a tree, ok maybe not that but if you do you're my hero. Here are some of the angles I tried on the basketball court. Same court, just different ways of seeing it. :) Happy Tuesday!

Standard centered image

 Knelt down under the basket and tilted my camera upwards and focused on the edge of the basket
 
Shot taken from behind the court
Shot from the left side of the court, knelt down and slightly slanted my camera  upwards.
Shot standing up, left side of the court and slanted my camera up.


No comments:

Post a Comment